In our travels this winter, we’ve come across a plethora of avocados. Sinfully delicious and oh so healthy for you (next to olives, an avocado is highest in monounsaturated fatty acids ~ 20%). As stated on ‘The Juicing for Health‘ website: “The monounsaturated fats and the wholesome nutrition [of an avocado] helps the basal metabolic rate, and reduce overeating.” Also, did you know that an avocado can: Lower your cholesterol level and increase your immune system? Long live avocados and guacamole!!!
- 8 large avocados, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 small serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Salt and pepper
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Here are some great rules to follow when looking to make the perfect guacamole:
– Use the ripest avocados you can find. Organic in all your ingredients is great, if you can find these.
– Lemons are for guacamole, limes are for salsa.
– Try serrano peppers instead of jalapeños.
– Skip the garlic.
– Save the mixing until the end.