Presence. Being in the moment. Today was a time for breathing, stretching, yoga love and making the space available for new friends. And so shifted my normal state of focus from my work at hand to a glorious walk on the beach, chasing shadows and capturing the essence of life and death.
We only have the now. Kick it, love it, live it. Breath it all in. One breath, one life, one moment. My present, my future, all coming back to the breath of now.
For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides,
that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
~ Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
An emotional day of new beginnings, spontaneous road trips, closure and endings. Today we were exactly where we needed to be. Offering support and aid when nothing else could be said or done. When a family member in our skydiving community passes from the surly bonds of this earth, we all grieve, knowing that for those left behind, the pain is greatest. For the dearly departed, their spirit is free and they’ve been granted eternal wings.
Rest in Peace David. Thank you for the breathtakingly beautiful sunset tonight.
by John Gillespie Magee, Jr.
- Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
- And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
- Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
- of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
- You have not dreamed of—wheeled and soared and swung
- High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,
- I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
- My eager craft through footless halls of air….
- Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
- I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
- Where never lark nor even eagle flew—
- And, while with silent lifting mind I’ve trod
- The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
- Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.