Sometimes I need to force my way through ease, like a bungling klutz, alcoholic binging set aside. When my body seizes up from the winter’s brazen rawness, I seek comfort. Sometimes in all the wrong places. But solace comes in many shapes and sizes. And today, I turned to my VitaMix. I craved something stimulating, rich, carnal and velvety smooth. So with that image in mind, I checked through my food pantry and immediately pounced on my stock of overripe avocados (bonus buy @ 99¢ for 6). Such a luscious place to start! I dreamed up a raw chocolate-y heavenly treat, that came more from instinct than recipe.
Et voila! Here below lies a recipe of gorgeous comfort that fulfills the gap of ease that has been missing from my day. I really hope you enjoy this yummy concoction. PLEASE experiment with your own sexy ingredients! And take pictures along the way :).
BTW, Valentine’s Day is coming up. This naughty decadence is a perfect ensemble for your special someone and day / evening / event planned. Make this concoction a two-way preparatory invitation to luscious fun. If you’re going solo, you get to enjoy this blissful naughtiness all.to.yourself. ENJOY!
Succulent Vegan Ingredients:
- 6 ripe avocados
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup organic apple sauce (recipe made in Vitamix with organic russet apple – no sugar or water; 100% pure apple)
- 13 prunes soaked in boiling water (left to cool to room temperature). Dates may give this a different taste, consistency and sweetness. Prunes is what I had. And they worked beautifully in community with the other ingredients.
- 1/8 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 fruit juice (I used 100% passionfruit)
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar ~ (this can be excluded if you prefer less sweet). Honey, coconut or brown sugar could be used instead.
- 1/4 cup boiling water (used to dissolve sweetener of choice) + prune soak water
- pinch of himalayan salt
- Chopped pistachios, cashews or walnuts
- Dehydrated pineapple slices
- Sea Salt
- Fresh fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas
- Fresh mint leaves
- Shredded coconut
- Coconut cream
- Chocolate nibs
- Chocolate covered toffee bites
- Chocolate covered coffee beans
- Anything else chocolate that you can handle or desire
- Add ingredients to a VitaMix (a blender or food processor will suffice if you’re not lucky enough to own said VitaMix … go here to buy one if you’re interested! :)) in the order of ingredients as listed above.
- Twirl until smooth and lusciously irresistible (I’d say about 2-3 minutes). Use the tamper if you’re using the VitaMix.
- Add any additional liquid of choice until the avocado bliss pudding is the consistency you desire. If it’s a little thinner than desired, that’s okay. The more quantity, the merrier! The pudding will thicken up once it’s chilled in the refrigerator.
- Spoon into beautiful bowls, cover and chill (IF you can resist it that long).
- Take fingers or spatula and lick out entire mixing container.
- Be forewarned: this pudding is a high-fat, high-calorie, highly addictive dessert. It will serve about 4 people (or good 4 body-painting for 2 >> make less thin, and skip the chilling).
Now that’s what I call delicious ease, grace and divinity with a creative twist!
What’s your definition of ease when life dips below the tolerable line, and much-needed simplicity and comfort is desired in your life?
PS. For those that don’t know me, I often speak metaphorically when I write — I couldn’t alcoholic binge if I tried :). I am, however, at times, a bumbling oaf.