A bittersweet day … a day of contemplation, thinking about my Dad and the lessons he taught me. Father’s Day.
Dreaming of my Brother. Gone from us today for 23 years. He is so dearly missed. An Anniversary.
Both tremendous male influences in my life. Without them both, I would not be nearly the brave little girl that resides within me, who has blossomed beyond the realms of a tortured soul (as a teen, I was just that).
I’ve learned from them both:
- music and art are synonymous in both magnitude and beauty
- by trying to never incur debt, I have freedom beyond any boundaries. This has proven itself to be priceless in my nomadic travels.
- if I were to have debt, I should pay it off immedicately or as best as possible with the least amount of impact
- I can accomplish anything that I dare to dream of
- fierce independence
- road trips are the spice and education of life
- take calculated risks on my own terms rather just following the crowd
- I will forever be indebted to Mother Earth. A debt which I continue to pay off in my daily actions through honour, gratitude and servitude, making as little impact as is possible.
“My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” ~ Clarence Kelland
What life lessons has your Father and siblings taught you?
Happy Father’s Day Dad!!!