This is really worth watching, all the way through! Way we say and how we say it (whether forwards, backwards, or upside can), can make all the difference.
2 months later with about 40 hours of blood sweat and effort, I have finally finished everything that I need for my official yoga certification to be a registered yoga instructor. How wicked is that! Now all I have to wait for is my papers to be marked and the official certificate to come my way. register with Yoga Alliance, and the world is then my yoga oyster. Yipppeee!
Truly a weight off of my shoulders. It’s felt like a long slog, although I have thoroughly enjoyed the learning process. I was helped by many, inspired by those who love and care about me and totally supported by my husband, mentor and best friend. I am very thankful and grateful.
Oh how we long to hit the road in our Airstream trailer. It’ll be fun working on and finessing the custom stuff inside our Airstream ‘yacht’ :).
Yeah for Airdreams!
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Today is a blessed day that I have fully and totally to myself! slaDE~ was out the door before the crack of dawn, heading to the mountains to visit his other love … snowboarding in the Rockies. And with the dawn of a brilliantly warm and sumptuously quiet day, I have been nurturing my soul with goodness and alone time to contemplate, reflect, meditate and pursue the physicalities of a healthy body. Yoga! Dinacharya! A blistering steam room detoxifying the body after a heart-quenching workout. Feeding my appetite with loving nourishing foods. A blissful day no less. Something I’ve truly needed all week but haven’t come even close to fulfilling, from within or without.
In 1936, Dorothea Brande’s recorded these twelve mental exercises. It all comes down the point that we control our brain, our actions, our words.
This article was posted in the Huffington Post.
1. Spend an hour each day without saying anything except in answer to direct questions, in the midst of the usual group, without creating the impression that you’re sulking or ill. Be as ordinary as possible. But do not volunteer remarks or try to draw out information.
2. Think for 30 minutes a day about one subject exclusively. Start with five minutes.
3. Write a letter without using the words I, me, mine, my.
4. Talk for 15 minutes a day without using I, me, my, mine.
5. Write a letter in a “successful” or placid tone. No misstatements, no lying. Look for aspects or activities that can be honestly reported that way.
6. Pause on the threshold of any crowded room and size it up.
7. Keep a new acquaintance talking about himself or herself without allowing him to become conscious of it. Turn back any courteous reciprocal questions in a way that your auditor doesn’t feel rebuffed.
8. Talk exclusively about yourself and your interests without complaining, boasting, or boring your companions.
9. Cut “I mean” or “As a matter of fact” or any other verbal mannerism out of your conversation.
10. Plan two hours of a day and stick to the plan.
11. Set yourself twelve tasks at random: e.g., go twenty miles from home using ordinary conveyance; go 12 hours without food; go eat a meal in the unlikelist place you can find; say nothing all day except in answer to questions; stay up all night and work.
12. From time to time, give yourself a day when you answer “yes” to any reasonable request.
I just did a quick personalty quiz for an online contest and thought it rather intriguing to see what they came up with. I was somewhat startled at how 100% accurate this description was. Oh how I miss my travelling days. Soon enough …. our RVThereYet.ca tour is in the works for this year :)!
You crave culture and seeing things from a new perspective. You love meeting new people and seeing how people from different cultures live.
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement:
My purpose is to __________________________________ today.
I am thankful for __________________________________.
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds (raw / unsalted) & walnuts. Consume organic food where possible.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment. Breath deep and fully. Yoga is extremely useful for focussing the breath.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
14. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, what will this matter?’
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything – but you have to ask Him / Her (God is whom you perceive it to be, whether withIn yourself or on a more Theological plain)
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change
21. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________________________________.
Today I accomplished __________________________________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You’ll be smiling before you know it.
That the single, most significant dimension of life is your relationship with the Source of Goodness who never ceases to sing love songs to your soul
That you find meaning, purpose, and vitality in what you do daily
That you treasure your loved ones and let them know how dear they are to you
That you make choices and decisions that reflect your truest self
That you look in the mirror at least once a day and smile in happy amazement
That you remember relationships are what count above all else – more than work or money, or all the material things we spend so much time tending
That you live in an uncluttered manner, enjoying the freedom to be content
That you keep your sense of humor when things don’t go the way you want
That you find adventure in each new day and marvel at the wonders of creation which constantly present themselves to you
That you never give up on yourself when others turn away or do not understand
That you are attentive to the health of your body, mind and spirit
That you take risks and accept the growth-full challenges that come to you
That you draw on your inner strength and resiliency when you are in need
That you carry peace within yourself, allowing it to slip into the hearts of others so our planet becomes a place where violence, division, and war are no more
© Joyce Rupp January 2004
There’s only one thing that we can control in the human life, and that one thing is not our mind. It’s not a thought, it’s not our breath, it’s not our responses, it’s not our actions. It is the cultivation of personal awareness, the moment-to-moment awareness of who we are – in charge of our life, in charge of our purpose, in charge of our path.
~~ Mother Maya
- study something new to expand your body, mind, spirit
- forget your favourite excuse
- listen to music you love
- be attentive to the beauty around you
- go where your soul leads you
- time for some quiet contemplation
- adopt an easy attitude
- don’t self-criticize
- refresh your spirit with some cre8tive incubation
- muster up some enthusiasm
- read an author who moves you
- remember that you are in control of only one thing ….. personal awareness
- follow your intuition
- set aside your fears
- be fully present in this moment
- remember your last dream